The release of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker is still weeks away, but one of the most nagging questions regarding Luke Skywalker and Ben Solo’s story has just been answered: what happened to the other Force users Luke was training to become the future of the Jedi Order?
It’s just one of several bombshell secrets set to be explored by Marvel’s Star Wars: The Rise of Kylo Ren miniseries, written by Charles Soule with artist Will Sliney. A sequence in The Last Jedi let fans witness the moment Luke’s dream collapsed, when Ben Solo embraced the Dark Side and turned the Jedi Academy into a burning ruin. Ever since fans have been asking what happened to Luke’s other students–and now the answer has been given. In the process, revealing an incredible untold story opening up all kinds of doors for the future.
Click the button below to start this article in quick view.
Interestingly, Luke’s comments in the film suggest he may not know what fates befell his students, either. The most obvious conclusion was that Ben Solo turned some to his side either by corruption or by force, becoming his own masked acolytes. But since the plot synopsis for this same series has also confirmed Luke and Ben fought the Knights of Ren, that doesn’t seem to be the case. Now fans can add the fate of Luke’s Jedi students to the growing list of historic Star Wars reveals, thanks to the plot synopsis for The Rise of Kylo Ren #2:
With the new Jedi school in ruins and fellow students hot on his trail for the murder of their master, Ben Solo flees to the only friend he has left in the galaxy… a man named Snoke.
To this point the comics dealing with Kylo Ren have made small changes and clarifications, like showing that Snoke used Luke’s training to corrupt Ben Solo. But this new information is on a level all its own. Learning that Luke’s students believed their Jedi Master slain by his own family, and set out to avenge him adds another layer to the echoing themes of the Skywalker saga. But it also promises a mission, and new Jedi characters for fans to look forward to meeting. If not in Soule and Sliney’s series, then surely at a later date.
If these kind of additions to the existing lore is what Soule meant when warning Kylo Ren’s full origin won’t please every fan, then we say bring them on. For now Star Wars fans can speculate over every word of the official plot synopsis below:
- STAR WARS: THE RISE OF KYLO REN #2 (OF 4)
- Written by: Charles Soule
- Art by: Will Sliney
- Cover Art by: Clayton Crain
- Variant Cover by: Jodie Muir
- SNOKE SINKS HIS CLAWS IN! YOUNG BEN SOLO FACES THE KNIGHTS OF REN! With the new Jedi school in ruins and fellow students hot on his trail for the murder of their master, Ben Solo flees to the only friend he has left in the galaxy…a man named Snoke. But Snoke has plans for Ben… and ideas about the Force that are as dangerous as they are intriguing for the troubled young Jedi. If Ben wishes to be truly free…the answers might lie with the dark side. And with the Knights of Ren! But it won’t be the first time he’s tangled with the Knights. In the past, Jedi Master Luke Skywalker journeys to the Unknown Regions and brings young Ben along for the mission. Can even Luke Skywalker stand against the fabled Knights of Ren?!
Star Wars: The Rise of Kylo Ren #1 will release December 18, the same day as the premiere of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. The miniseries will run for four issues.
Star Wars Hints Darth Vader Was Stealing CHILDREN – Why?